I bet I won't fret is a group especially designed to assist latency-age children (generally 6-11 years of age) to identify anxiety-provoking triggers, and using cognitive behavioral activities, to effectively manage their fears and worries surrounding specific events and situations. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an evidenced-based and proven strategy to help people of all ages manage the pressures and demands that life can bring to us all.
The program is facilitated by Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and meets once-per-week after school or early evening. The length of group is 1 hr.15-min. There is a one-time charge of $135.00 which covers the cost of the initial intake and screening, conducted with either one or both parents present. Insurance is not billed for the group and weekly group fees are $45.00. The group is not designed to correct behavioral problems in children nor treat Attention Deficit Disorders. Screening and admittance to group are based on the symptoms of anxiety you have observed and reported to the therapist at the time of the intake and may include any of the following:
- Agitation (not related to ADD)
- Inattention, poor focus (not related to ADD)
- Somatic symptoms like headaches or stomachaches
- Refusing to go to school
- Meltdowns before school about clothing, hair, shoes, socks
- Meltdowns after school about homework
- Difficulties with transitions within school, and between school and an activity/sport
- Difficulty settling down for bed
- Having high expectations for school work, homework and sports performance
The group is facilitated in open-format, so your child may enter at any given time. You may continue utilizing the group until your child shows improvement in the referred symptoms or upon therapist recommendation. If your child is not willing to attend group, individual therapy is also an available option.
To schedule your child's assessment please call 603-489-1455